Directions to Hawk Hill Tunnel, Marin Headlands, immediately north of the Golden Gate:
From 101 going north: Cross over the Golden Gate Bridge, and take the second exit, Alexander Ave. Stay in the left lane and you will come quickly to a stop sign. Turn left, cross under the highway and follow the road back towards the bridge. Just before the San Francisco on ramp, turn right and uphill onto Conzelman Rd.
From 101 going south: Take the last exit before the bridge, labeled Alexander Ave, right after the tunnel. Turn left onto the frontage road and then immediately right and uphill onto Conzelman Road.
Once on Conzelman Road: Start the long scenic climb up the hill. Stay left at the roundabout where McCullough Rd. comes in from the right. At the roundabout you will be greeted as sunset approaches by a Cave Concert Parking Crew Member. The concert is held near the top of Hawk Hill.
Note that the gate here will close just before show time at 9:30 PM. If locked, there is parking at the McCullough Rd. junction. It is about half of a mile walk uphill to the tunnel. Bring a flash light with you. Please quietly enter the tunnel. A Map is available for download showing the many roads, trails, beaches, campsites, hostel, lighthouse, and other historical elements of your National Park for you to explore at:
Come early to enjoy the wonderful view of the Golden Gate!
Parking is limited, please use SpaceShare to share or find a ride to the concert. It’s green, free and fun!
- Come early, enjoy the scenery and the beauty of this area, pack a picnic, and get closer parking. Don’t miss the marvelous sunset!
- We strongly suggest carpooling to this event. The parking spots are limited! We are proud to partner with SpaceShare, a rideshare service, to make carpooling easy and fun! Click here to see how it works or what you can do to help others traveling to the Cave Concert. It’s green, free and fun!
- Please email email@example.com if you have special needs.
- Tickets do not include a chair. Bring your own low beach chair, backjack, meditation bench, or blanket and pillows. Full height chairs will be set to rear. We provide regular chairs only for the VGP tickets area.
- Our Cave Crew will assist you in getting the best seat available.
- Dress warmly in layers, you will be waiting outside. It could be cold, foggy and windy.
- Bring a flashlight. There are no streetlights, and you will be walking to and from your car.
- Concert held rain or shine. However, being a tunnel, there is shelter from rain.
- Ages 10 and older only.
- Advance tickets only. No tickets will be sold at the event.
- Please no smoking, alcohol, incense, glass containers, or pets.
Cave Community Vision:
From the first contact at the gate, we provide the opportunity for each member of our participating community to enter a state of remembering, activating a deep memory of who we are as individuals, and as part of the fabric of creation. Through our presence and attitude we invite all of you to ride a wave of visual and sonic beauty facilitated by the view, the Cave Crew, the musicians, the artists, the cave, the community itself and the transformed spirit of the place. Together we ride this wave of integral spirit, reawakening again to our true nature. This wave envelopes us for the evening, continuing to caress us as we return back down the mountain, renewed for experiencing our given potential in the world.